Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some Shotgun matches

Found some Dan Severn matches on youtube.



Castillo is he last of the Boriquas at this point. This is a good tv match with Castillo taking the fight to Severn using suplexes. Til Severn gets pissed and ragdolls him and finishes him off with a Dragon Sleeper.

vs Robert Thompson. This is an awesome squash with a nice build. With Severn feeling out Thompson and then starts tearing him apart with matwork before going into the suplexes. Give this one a look.

Pretty fun squash of JR Ryder. A guy I only know from some MTV WWF contest along with the Musketeer.

I saved this for last. You know both Owen Hart and Taka could mail it in when they wanted to. But Owen had one of his "Im just going to be awesome" nights and tore the house down with Taka.

2 comments:

Eduardo said...

Every match here was fun but that Severn/Thompson squash was tremendous! Severn looked really great in there, loved his amateur techniques and his really hard great looking throws. Really cool match.

Owen/TAKA was also really sweet and pretty entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog not too long ago and am getting a kick out of all these sweet random TV matches you keep posting. I've been making my way through the archives and there's a bunch of awesome shit.

Some more recommendations & requests:

There's a boatload of good Jannetty tv matches that you can upload. Like Jannetty/Mr. Hughes from Challenge 7/93 is the best Hughes match I've seen. Then there's an awesome Marty/Doink 2/3 Falls match from a 6-21-93 Raw which I like even more than Doink's matches with Perfect. You've also got Marty's 2 match series with 1-2-3 Kid. Also a 10/17/93 match from All-American with Pat Tanaka which I haven't seen but can't imagine it not being good. And there's a New Rockers/Bodydonnas match from a Raw right around Summerslam 96 that I recall being pretty good.

Oh, and Jannetty/Owen and Jannetty/IRS from Survivor Series Showdown should also merit consideration.

Then there's Doink, and I know you've put up Bourne Doink matches, but I would also like to recommend Doink's matches with Backlund which are awesome. Ray Apollo Doink had good matches with Owen and Mr Backlund in '94.

Finally, there's like two tv matches between Bret Hart and Henry Godwinn (Superstars & Action Zone, IIRC) from right around KOTR 95 that are good. I remember Godwinn working over the neck to set up his finisher. I'd also like to see Bret Hart/Buddy Landell from Mania in early 96 which I've never seen. Could be good.