Saturday, September 03, 2011

Sting vs Kurt Angle Huntsville

nun8un by Moonshame
  
                                          
I was at the Impact Taping last Thursday. I took my seven year old nephew. It was his first wrestling show and he loved it. My favorite part was him very earnestly telling me every time a heel cheated. I went to see one man. I went to see Sting. Sting was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up and my appreciation for him has grown as I get older. I think the fact he has been in a shithole like TNA and still retained his aura is such a big point in his favor. Guys like Mick Foley, Kurt Angle and even Hulk Hogan have had their legendary auras torn down. To the point they do not seem like that much of a bigger deal than AJ Styles or Eric Young.

The aura Samoa Joe's cultivated in ROH has been decimated. He bears a striking resemblance to Tazz circa 2001/2002. Except he was still over.

Sting came out and the place went crazy. He was the most over guy in the building. Everybody came to see him. I went crazy every time he was out.

So when they announced a Sting/Angle title match I was so happy. I have loved every match Sting and Angle have had. The PPV match last month was really good except for the Impact Zone. They have great chemistry and it is a shame they could not of crossed paths earlier.

I never realized how crummy TNA's editing is until I saw a TV taping. This match was so poorly edited. They have this knack for making the coolest stuff look mundane.

One of my favorite parts of the match was Angle countering the Stinger Splash with a Belly to Belly. Later Sting gets a big near fall on the Scorpion Deathdrop. I thought Sting had won the title.

Later he locks on the Scorpion Deathlock and the ref bump happens of course. By the end of the night it was a running joke in my section. People were looking at the ramp waiting for the Run in.

So Hogan hits Sting with a chair. Sting no sells and Hulks up and I LOST MY SHIT!!! I was howling, beating my chest. It was the best wrestling moment I ever had live. At least since I lived thru Hulkamania in 89.

But Angle hits an Angleslam on the chair. I did not realize it was on top of the chair. Looked nasty on tape.

Loved this and had a great time. Later I will tell tale of meeting D-Von Dudley and locking eyes with Winter and locking her under my thrall. Oh wait I just did.

No comments: