Saturday, July 17, 2010

Big Show vs Steve Austin March 22nd 1999

I remember this match in 99. I missed most of Raw because I got in a fight with my sister. Or otherwise known as the infamous bleach affair. I do remember watching Nitro just for Sandman vs Goldberg which was pretty cool. That night I caught the last five minutes of Austin/Big Show. It was hard to concentrate on at the time just for Show debuting his regular tights look. He has changed looks so often since then im used to it.

Anyway this thing gets hyped as much as any big match in Raw history. Like it was the biggest match ever. They had Rock and Mankind wrestle to decide the guest referee for this match. Show put on a great display d power by choke slamming Mick Foley with one hand.

This match is similar to the Insurexxtion match with Show ragdolling Austin a lot. especially considering the state of Austin's neck. Just flings Austin over the barrier like he is Barry Hardy. Later presses him over his head and drops him on the cement.

Only time Austin gets control is using a chair. Takes ton of chair shots and stunners to lay out Show. I know people complained about Show losing his first WWF match so soon. BUt he looked like more of a beast losing than other guys do winning.

No comments: