Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day of the Omeniac 5: An Ominoous Return

An Ominous Return

"And the Book of Omen directs us to the Shrine of Shadow where upon we will find the Door to Twilight. Once there we will bathe in his courage!!!"

I look upon this WAVE audience and see half of the seats are empty. I am not reaching them.

"WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!!!!!!!!"

I see an old Omen Maniac. He is wearing a Omeniac shirt from ten years ago. He is speaking to a youngster.

"Sorry John I did not think it would be like this."

"You said this Omeniac was really cool."

"I know I did John.... And he was. Oh you should of seen him when he fought Ransom Fortune. He picked him up over his head and threw him into the first row. It was crazy."

"Wow Ransom Fortune? what happened to him."

"I dunno John. He started some kinda church or something. Remember when aunt Linda became a Jehovah's Witness?"

"yeah....."

"Something like that. Actually I'm not even sure its the same guy. He has his hair grown out and in a ponytail. My Omeniac would never wear a suit."

Hearing that breaks my chest. I stand in the aisle for what feels like days. I am losing my followers and my self respect. According to my sources Typhoon TV's ratings go down every time I do a sermon. Why did Johansen agree to this. My mind is swimming in confusion and the tide continues to rise.

I do not even notice two young men dressed like poultry running past me.

"Hailing from Satan's coop the Psycho Chickens!!!!!!"

They are starting the next bout. I should return to the locker room. I have paper work to fill out..... Is it any wonder he has abandoned me? Now two youngsters dressed like fish have attacked the two chickens.

"Hailing from Angry Waters The Murder Fish!!!!!!"

I watch as these undersized weaklings fight with all of their heart and being. They truly thirst for the battle. I was once like them. I had far greater power but I had the same fighting spirit.

As I walk to the back the arena lights go out. A green spotlight hits the ring and an organ starts playing. It is Doomsmith the WAVE champion. He brushes past me like I am nothing. Why is he attacking these youngsters? They are no threat to him.

The Fish since his immediate threat and attack. They display spirit greater than most. But spirit will not slay this monster. he headbutts the fish shattering his face in the process. The Fish's orange and blue mask is not crimson with life force.

The fish's partner attempts to save him. His feeble punches doing no damage to the one who slayed Ransom Fortune. This Doomsmith knocks the second Fish out with a single punch.

I should help. But I am here to preach not participate.

"OMENIAC!!!!!!!!"

"You you have returned?"

"OMENIAC HERE ME NOW!!!!! YOUR MISSION IS CLEAR IF YOU WILL ONLY SEE!!!!!!!"

"yes I see."

I am convulsing with his presence. His power... HIS WORD!!!!!!!!

The Doomsmith has one of these chickens by the throat. He has his leather glad fist pulled back. But before he can throw a punch I capture his hand.

The Green and Black Titan turns around. his eyes looking at the Omeniac with seeming amusement.

"Hmmmm......."

"HERE THIS DOOMSMITH YOU WILL SLAY NO MORE WEAKLINGS FOR YOUR BATTLE IS WITH THE OMENIAC!!!!!!!"

I tear my coat and dress shirt off. Revealing the mark of the Omeniac. My fist pump and i beat upon my chest. The Doomsmith tries to strike me with his fist but I block it and hit him with the power of a billion voids. I hit him again and again.

I run off the ropes building momentum until I unleash a clothesline worthy of the one who I serve. The Doomsmith does not fall. Again I unleash upon him and he staggers back but never falls. I prepare for one last strike when his hand grasp my throat. The air leaves my lungs. I prepare to embrace unconsciousness.

"OMENIAC!!!!!!!!"

"yes??"

"OMENIAC YOU WILL NOT FALL!!!!!!"

My arm gains life. I wrap my hand around the Doomsmith's thick neck.


"OMENIAC YOU WILL DESTROY THIS BLASPHEMER!!!!!!"

My other arm gains life and I wrap my other hand around the nexk of Doomsmith. I feel Doomsmith's essence fading. When he headbutts me with his cast iron mask. I fall to the ground. I look upon my hand and it is covered in life force. I require oblivion.

"OMENIAC!!!!!!! OMENIAC!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT FALL AS THE BLASPHEMER BREATHES!!!!!!!"

I rise to my feet and tackle the Doomsmith. We are a hurricane of fist and fury. Soon we are attacked by security. Who are these ants who seek to stop my righteous cause? I attack them as if they are Doomsmith. As I throw the last security interloper over the top rope, I see Doomsmith is gone.

I snatch a microphone from the overstuffed ring announcer.

"Pant, Pant, Pant.... Know this Doomsmith. You may have escaped the wrath of the Omeniac for now. I will slay you once and for all. IT IS WRITTEN!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: