Thursday, October 21, 2010

Savage Sports Stories Day 2

All copyrights belong to Victor Rodgers


2.

The story of a metal folding chair winning a professional wrestling championship starts with an elderly referee. His name was Barty Thompkins. He was the oldest referee in sports and was once Wisconsin Junior Heavyweight Champion in 1948 and again in 1957. He then became a referee for the Johansen family's Championship Wrestling From Utah. He has worked for Mr.Johansen ever since. Nobody knows how old Barty is. He was the only referee used in DEATHcore matches. Because he's so loved, nobody would dare hit him, not even psycho's like Murder Ranger. Royal Flush was going to be his last night. Mr.Johansen bought him a house in Florida and everything.

Now besides Mr.Johansen loving Barty so much. The boys all agreed that his mind was not what it use to be. He was calling for DQ's for no reason and forgetting who was who.

I was unconscious while Murder Ranger defended the DEATHcore belt against The Warden. But I watched a tape of it the following Tuesday. It was a brutal match. Warden was about to hit a power bomb when Murder Ranger cracked him over the head with a chair mid move. Ranger jumped on top of Warden for the win.

Or so he thought, because Barty announced the chair was the winner. Now this was a mess. Murder Ranger took the chair and belt til things were sorted out legally. In W*RE a referee's word is final and since the DEATHcore title is not quite an official title the ruling stood. But they did make something called the Barty rule to keep it from happening again.

Well something else happened that Tuesday night. The Screaming Cowboy Johnny.J.Daniels stole the chair and belt, then declared he was the chair's manager. That mostly meant he wore the belt and hit guys with it in title defenses. He was also refusing to defend it against any top contenders. He would bring in local wrestlers and just beat the tar out of them with the chair. Well the W*RE board of directors had enough of Johnny J and his metal folding client. They told him his next defense had to be against a member of the W*RE roster. I remember Johnny J coming up to me.

"Hey Overdog what day is it?"

"Johnny its Tues...."

"Partner it is yo lucky day."

"???"

"You are gonna get yo second title match!!!! My client personally selected you!!!"

"That's just a folding chair."

"Yeah but he is the W*RE Deathcore champion and you don't have to worry about Ike Simmons!!!!"

"Well Ike Simmons had his ribs broken by King Behemoth."

"Look just take the damn match....."

I knew why Johnny J wanted to wrestle me and I was ready for him. Even if he is bigger, the Screaming Cowboy is not as experienced as me. His dad was a promoter in Texas. Mr.Johansen signed him to W*RE as a favor to Johnny's dad. Or that is what the older wrestlers told me.

I was on fire that night. Just wrestling circles around Johnny J. The problem was I could not pin him. I had to pin the chair. But every time I tried, Johnny J stopped me. Johnny J is a big guy, who looks like Jethro Bodine.

Well he finally got his hands on me and hit some really basic slams and suplexes. But he could not finish me off. So he takes out the chair and is about to clobber me. I am not as groggy as he thinks I am. He rears back to hit me and I duck at the last second.

The chair bounces off the rope and hits Johnny J right in the face. Causing him to scream. I jump on him and the chair 1.....2.....3!!!!!! I did it I won my first championship!!!!! I'm running around the ring, high fiving everybody. I run up and give Mark Chambers (The W*RE announcer) a big hug he starts talking about what this means for Valley of the Brawls. I do a few more victory laps holding the Deathcore belt. This is the greatest night of my life!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The story of a metal folding chair winning a professional wrestling championship starts with an elderly referee."

Grabbed my attention of Day 2 right off the bat. A few technical errors here and there but overall pretty decent tribute to Mr. Barty. (also cool name...esp since it reminded me of HP haha)

Anonymous said...

"Ranger jumped on top of Warden for the win.
Or so he thought because Barty announced the chair was the winner. Now this was a mess."

BEST lines. hahaha made me crack up.