Sunday, October 24, 2010

Savage Sports Stories Day 5

5.

My first title defense against Skull-1 taught me something. I am not properly equiped to be Deathcore champion. But I am not a fan of swinging chairs and even my mentor Tiny Woods, would never approve of barbwire. So I had to start thinking of weapons that would fit me. First thing I bought was a flak jacket. It would provide at least a little protection from barbwire and I could load it with weapons. I filled it with things like powder for blinding guys briefly, salt for blinding guys longer, rope for tieing up a guys legs and a net. I have a few other goodies, that I'm saving for other occasions.

My match with SAWdust really put me thru the wringer. Another thing I learned fast was being in this division puts a target on your back. That first night as I was walking to my car, I was jumped by SAWdust, Murder Ranger and the Warden. They beat me the poop outta me and locked me in the trunk. I woulda been there all night, if Bantam had not found me and unlocked it. He did not make any small talk. At least I get why they are avoiding me. Nobody wants to be around the Deathcore psychos. If I had thought about it, I would remember I was the same way. Not like I helped Johnny J when the Murder Ranger was mauling him.

The next week at R*PPED those three approach me again. This time I pick up a table leg I found. They just laugh and tell me that was my initiation. I laugh with them, until I thumb Murder Ranger in the eye, kneed Warden in the groin, then threw him into SAWdust and took off running.

I thought I lost them before I realize I just ran thru the curtain that leads to the ring and the bell just rang. Uh oh my second title defense had started.

No comments: