Friday, January 28, 2011

Savage Sports Stories Day 61

Epilogue 1

About an hour before Caged Hate.

"What are you doing in my office Sargent?"

"Office?? That's being mighty generous. Why this looks more a janitor's closet. Isn't that the furnace?"

"What do you want? You beat Darren Glass. It took twenty people but you should be happy."

"Watch the attitude Johansen or I might change my mind."

"Change your mind about what?"

"About giving you the chance to be rid of me."

"Okay Sargent I'm listening."

"You pay me 300,000 dollars and I walk out of W*RE without a fight. I walk out of this arena and you never see me again."

"300,000 dollars? You know I can't cut a check that big, just like that."

"Of course you can. You made enough selling shirts tonight to pay me 500,000."

"But you said it was 300,000."

"Price went up while you waited."

"Okay okay 500,000."

"That's not all."

"More money? "

"Would be nice but no. It's about Overdog."

"What about him?"

"When he loses this Caged Hate I don't want him to get a rematch for the DEATHcore title. In fact I want him to get a shot at the Hemisphere championship."

"I can't just do that. I have to go thru the championship committee and Morris is still majority owner."

"Don't gimme that crap. The kid has not lost a match in months and has been facing tough competition. The magazines have him in the W*RE top five. Besides we both know you control the committee with your stooges running things."

"Okay okay you've got a deal."

"Listen to me Johansen. You better leave the kid alone or I will be back. Do you understand?"

"Yes I understand."

"Good I want my money upfront."

No comments: