Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chairshot A Love Story Day 11


11.


Getting ready for my match with Scissor Mask. I'm excited for this. Even if I lost and got sat on in most of those Triple Threat matches, I'm proud of how I did. Its a packed house here and has been every night. This wasn't the case when I started in W*RE. Attendance was down because of the promotional war with W.A.V.E. The first night I Wrestled as Overdog, the arena was half full. That was a R*PPED taping too.

This was also the night I first met Scissor Mask. Now I'm not going to sit back and tell you Scissor Mask was this great guy and one thing turned him into a jerk. Honestly he was always a bit of an arrogant ass. But he was easier to get along with back then and yeah I admired him. I remember reading about him in  Wrestling Inquirer magazine and Wrestling Focus Newsletter when I was a teenager. He was a big sensation on the Independent Wrestling Circuit. He held the Battle Gate, Combat Collective and Arkansas Wrestling Network heavyweight titles at the same time.

His feud with Darren Glass was raved about by the tape traders. That is how we kept up with all the wrestling. Fans would trade tapes. I actually still do it to find out whats going on in Mexico and Japan. The office probably doesn't like that.

Scissor Mask got signed by W*RE right before me. He got a lot of hype videos before he debuted. He debuted at Valley of the Brawls against Martin "Motor Man" Morris. It was kind of a big deal and they had a great match but then Morris pinned him. Nobody was expecting that. Scissor Mask was never as big a deal again. He beat Morris a week later but his tire was already deflated. Then Morris won the W*RE Underweight Title.

Scissor Mask chased after Morris for a year. But he couldn't beat him.

Scissor Mask treated me like a protege at first. Always giving me advice which I appreciated at the time. Looking back I can see he was talking down to me. But we got along. That is til Scissor Mask won the Underweight title from the Great Karaoke. The Great Karaoke was this weird Japanese Wrestler. He was champion of the Okinawa Wrestling Club. He was a brilliant musical prodigy in high school and a gifted athlete. But during a death match with F.I.G.H.T champion Tissue a few of his screws were knocked loose.

Karaoke defeated Martin Morris for the Underweight Belt on a W*RE tour of Japan. I heard the boss was not too happy with the result. So Karaoke had to defend the title on R*PPED two nights later. Morris was injured losing the belt, so Scissor Mask got the rematch. Scissor Mask won the title that night. Some of the guys thought he won because Karaoke was jet lagged. But Scissor Mask was so excited to win the title finally. He threw this huge party at the Red Roof Inn and invited everybody. Now wrestlers are not going to turn down free food and drinks. Even guys like the Embalmer, BurnWard, Freddie "Heart Ache" Marks, Ike Simmons and Brent Stone were there. I think he spent three months pay in one night. 

He was on top of the world, crowing how he was the next White Bengal. He lost the belt back to Karaoke a week later.

No comments: