Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chairshot A Love Story Day 13

13.

I'm on top of the world. I'm running around the ring high fiving anyone that will high five me. I look over and Scissor Mask is staggering to the back. I climb every turnbuckle to hold my arms up. Suddenly the music stops. The Referee John "Jinx" Jenkins tells me to go to the back. I ignore him then he says

"Look you just won the opening match, You didn't pin Ransom Fortune. Go to the back so the show can continue."

That coulda knocked the wind out of my sails but I don't care!!! I beat that jerk Scissor Mask. The West Coast Heritage belt is within my sights. I go thru the curtain and see Bingwen and the Chickens waiting for me. Each one of them high fives me. Rooster offered me some invisible bird seed and Bingwen bowed.

King Behemoth walks over to me. I'm wondering if he is going to congratulate me when he says.

"You just won the opening match. What are you so proud of?"

"Sir I just beat Scissor Mask."

"So what I've beaten Scissor Mask more times than I can count. A lot of guys have."

"But uh sir..."

"I'm the only man that has ever pinned Ransom Fortune. Do you know what that means?"

"That uh you're a lege..."

"IT DOESN'T MEAN A DAMN THING!!!!"

"But sir...."

"You wanna know why it doesn't mean a damn thing?"

"Um uh why?"

"Because I never beat him when it counted. I never beat him in a title match. I wrestled him probably 100 times between 1986 and 1992 and could never pin him for that damn Title."

"Uh um well you know...."

"Listen to me boy. You just won an opening match. Before that you spent the last week getting sat on by Pugsley Adams."

"But uh..."

"Scissor Mask is not the West Coast Heritage Champion. You are not wrestling Scissor Mask at Royal Flush. If you underestimate Violator you are going to lose and you will get hurt. One way or another....."

After that King Behemoth walked away to prepare for his match. Now the wind is out of my sails.















Free Counters
Free Counters

No comments: