Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chairshot A Love Story Day 17

17.

"Excuse me Overdog?"

"I'm not the Overdog."

"Is your name Greg Richards?"

"Uh yes it is sir."

"According to my sources you're the Overdog."

"Who are you?

"My name is Albert Bills. I'm..."

"A reporter for Pro Wrestling Eye."

I have been reading Pro wrestling Eye since I was 7 years old. First time I saw a wrestling magazine I was with my mom at Food Store. I look and saw a magazine cover with Sergent Sargent stabbing Ransom Fortune with part of a bayonet. The shock of seeing all that blood thrilled me. I accidentally stole it. i was reading it and Mom said time to go. I just read it out the door. I was halfway home when I realized I took it.

I should of recognized Mr.Bills faster. Really distinct looking guy. He looks like Sam the Eagle from the Muppet Show. I see him backstage at the shows all the time and at ringside. Guess I did not expect to be recognized. Also why would he want to talk to me?

PWEYE: OverDog I'm interested in writing an article about your blood feud with Violator.

Overdog:Blood feud?

PWEYE:Did you get cut open by Violator on national TV?

Overdog:Well yeah.

PWEYE:Did you give Violator a concussion that same night.

Overdog:Well yeah but...

PWEYEThat That is what we at PWEYE call a blood feud.

Overdog:I guess you got me there.

PWEYE:Overdog you are becoming quite the sensation. You have been burning up the chatrooms on AOL and Compuserve. Lot of people are really interested in seeing you win the WCH title.

Overdog:Wow Compuserve?

PWEYE:How do you think you'll fare at Royal flush?

Overdog:Well sir I think I'm going to win. As a wrestler I have to have full faith in my skill and technique."

PWEYE:If you win the West Coast Heritage Championship is that just the beginning for you?

Overdog:What do you mean?

PWEYE:Would you use the West Coast belt to attempt to get a shot at Bleached Evil's Western Hemisphere belt?

Overdog:Well sure I would like that.

PWEYE:The Western Hemisphere Champion is the default number one contender to the W*Re Planetary champion Ike Simmons.

Overdog:Yeah?

PWEYE:So you would like to be the Heavyweight Champion of the Planet?

Overdog:Well of course I would but I have to focus on beating Violator. Winning another belt is a long time from now.

PWEYE:Overdog it has been a pleasure talking to you.


That was a lot of fun. Mr.Bills was a real gentlemen.
Head by Drug Rite to grab a case of Sprite. Janet walks over and gives me a hug and kisses my cheek. She tells me how much she misses me and that she wants us to get back together. Was not expecting that. i was just hoping my coupon for the Reece Cup would be honored.I head back To the apartment and I'm on top of the world.

Few days later as I'm packing my stuff. I get my copy of PWEYE weekly. The cover has me standing in front of a bloody Ike Simmons. The Headline reads

"Cry of the Overdog. first the West Coast next the Planet."

Still can't believe I'm the talk of Compuserve.

No comments: