Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chairshot: A Love Story Day 4

4.
It is Tuesday Night R*pped, Diamond Phil says I'm doing commentary during Violator's match with X-ILE the former West Coast Heritage champ. I'm really nervous about this. Talking is not my thing. For a lot of the guys it is as natural as breathing. I go down to ringside and take my seat by the long time announce team of Mark Chambers and the Masked Confederate.

Mark Chambers use to host a kids game show on a cable channel. He got the lead announcer job when the old announcer jumped ship at the last minute and he happened to be near by.

The Masked Confederate is a really old wrestler who was champion of the Arkansas territory. He is really sadistic and a perv too. Always ogling the women wrestlers in the ring and the locker room.

I go to take my seat and Chambers greets me

Mark Chambers:We are very fortunate to be joined by the mysterious Overdog who gets a shot at the West Coast Heritage champion at ROYAL FLUSH!!! Brought to you by W*RE and ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW!!!! Overdog how are you this evening?

Before I can answer Confederate interrupts "Why don you jus tell me how a loosa like you is gettin any kin a title match?"

Overdog: Well uh sir I won a battle ro...

Confederate: Boy i'm gone stop you right there. You won a battle roya on a fluke. A loosa like you could never beat Todd Ripstone and you have never beat Scissor Mask. So why don you shut up and not pretend to be a wrestler.

What was I going to do, argue with him? X-ILE came to the ring. X-ILE was not big but bigger and more athletic then me. He had blond hair and was wearing a blue and silver singlet Had this fast tempo theme song. He walks over and starts telling me how once he wins the belt he was going to run over me at Royal Flush (Name of the Pay Per View). Which makes Confederate chuckle and Mark start selling the pay per view again. "This is a very important fact, if X-ILE were to win tonight it would be OVERDOG VS X-ILE AT ROYAL FLUSH!!!!!

Then Violator came out. He had this weird music that sounds like some sad jazz death metal. His gut is hanging over the title belt. He just looks at me and snorts. Before he can say anything X-ILE dives over the top rope on to Violator. He starts hitting him with lefts and rights. Violator tries to get to his feet and remove his belt but X-ILE hits a big spinning karate kick. Violator hits X-ILE and blood is every where. The bell rings and X-ILE is declared the winner as the result of a disqualification. I look closer and I see Violator had stabbed X-ILE with a fork.

Violator takes a chair and starts hitting him. I'll be honest I'm getting scared and then it happened. POW!!!!! He hit me in the head with a metal chair. You ever see a Tom and Jerry where Tom gets hit with a frying pan and his eyes bug out? That is how getting hit with a metal folding chair feels. I'm barely awake when I see he has the fork and STAB!!! he hits me in the forehead. Now he is scraping back and forth. My mask is torn apart and I can hear Confederate laughing and Mark Chambers is going on about the Embalmer facing Ike Simmons in a burned alive match.

Violator gets pulled away by security. He is laughing and snorting and is out of breath. I'm being helped to the back and I feel humiliated. I have been beat up before, its part of the job. But nothing like this. I'm bleeding and my best mask is ruined. These things are not cheap to replace. I go thru the curtain and I see King Behemoth looking at me.

No comments: