Friday, August 13, 2010

Chairshot: A Love Story Day 5







5.
King Behemoth is looking at me. I have never seen him talk to anybody. He is not really a jerk he just stays to himself. He is brutal in the ring but does just enough to win. Blood is getting in my eye and I'm dizzy. I just want to go to the motel and shower. Try to walk by King B and he grabs my arm. He says

"What is wrong with you?"

"I uh I got beat up.... sir."

"That is not what I meant. Why are you trying to leave?"

"I'm....hurt sir...."

"I'm going to tell you once boy. You take this chair and you give the Violator a receipt."

"But..."

"If you don't I'm going to finish what he started."

At this point I should mention that we are being filmed by camera crews. Two years ago W*RE put cameras all thru the arena. They were in a promotional war with W.A.V.E. At first guys were really bothered by this. Everybody was really careful and guarded in what they did and said. Well except for Burnward and Embalmer who took their crazy up to 11. Like once taking some fans hostage if they did not get a title match. I'm not sure how they avoided getting arrested.

Everybody else grew adjusted to it and got back to normal.

I'm following Violator down the hall. He is laughing and guffawing about what he did. Im getting mad and choking up on the chair. Then I see he walked into the Embalmer's locker room. It is no secret that I'm terrified of Embalmer and his brother Burnward. Embalmer has seemingly been wrestling forever and has not gotten any older in the years I've been watching him. I know he has wrestled in three different decades. I swear to god I saw a picture of him wrestling George Hackensmidt.

But I'm scared of King Behemoth too and yeah I want to pay Violator back so I kick open the door and my worst fear is realized. Embalmer and Burnward are standing there. Embalmer is very tall and lanky. Gray hair and balding. Never looked him in the eyes before. Its like he is mad but is happy to be mad.

His brother Burnward is a bit shorter but wider and still way bigger than me. Rumor is he was former WAVE Champion Ron Neighbors and he was in some accident that burned him. Now he has patches of hair and is covered in bloody bandages.

I'm choking up on the chair when Embalmer says "Don't let us stop you. Violator is in the back." Then got this creepy smile on his face.

I see him over there winded and laughing with blood on his fingers. I'm choking up on the chair and I'm wondering if I can do it. Using a chair goes against everything I believe in. As a kid I hated guys who used chairs. It goes against the purity of the sport. But the more I see his fat face shaking with laughter, the madder I get. This is it I lean back and POW!!!! I hit him as hard as I can. He goes down and I hit him over and over. Now security is pulling me off and I'm using language bad enough I'm glad mom didn't know I was the Overdog or watched wrestling.

No comments: