Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chairshot A Love Story Day 7

7.
Thankfully I was due for two days off after what happened Tuesday. Days off gimme a chance to pay bills. The stitches above my eye are driving me crazy. They itch really bad. When I pay bills I only have three things to deal with.

Rent
Lights
Cable

As a guy on the road you are only paying for a place to keep your stuff. Even being gone most of the week I know my neighbors pretty good. They know I'm a wrestler but not that I'm the Overdog. The office told me it was important to keep my identity a secret. I guess I took it overboard in the beginning. Not even telling Janet. At first she thought I was still driving a truck. Then the thing happened when I broke my jaw. She kept asking how it happened and I kept dancing around it. Not outright lieing but not admitting it.

Turns out she had found my gear a few weeks before and was wanting me to own up to it. I borrowed the money from her mom to fix my jaw. But it put a strain on us and we broke up. I still owe some money to her so I pay it back bit by bit. I go to the drug store she works at, to pay her 150 dollars on what I owe. She ask what happened to my face. She does not watch wrestling. Says she hates seeing me get beat up. I explain what happened. She wishes me luck on the match and tells me to be careful. I pay for my candy bar and soda.

I pay the rest of my bills. Each time getting asked what happened to my face. I tell them I fell and leave pretty fast.

Last stop is picking up my comics. That is another hobby of mine and something I do to entertain myself on the road. I'm excited to get the conclusion to the Dark Gods story in Thor and the Wrecking Crew issues in Avengers. I also buy a lot of stuff outta the twenty five cent bin to read. I put together an entire run of the Thing and the old She-Hulk comics. Not to mention the occasional Avengers and Hulk comics missing covers.

Sally ask me what happened to my head. Two kids I know named Rick and Mitch ask me too. I try to change the subject. But they keep asking, I say I got beat up and leave. Normally I don't draw this much attention. I don't know how big name guys like Ransom Fortune deal with it.

Look at my wallet and I'm gonna have to be careful because I'm nearly at my limit til my next pay check. Bingwen told me that win or lose I'm getting a big bonus for the pay per view. I didn't really know that. It'll be nice to get a new car and finally be able to buy a Nintendo 64.

Its time to do my laundry. Most importantly wash my wrestling gear. When I first started wrestling I just had a pair of trunks and boots. But when I became the Overdog I had a really fancy costume. Over time I had to abandon parts of it. Like I had to get rid of the gauntlets because it was limiting how much I could move my arms. Then the gloves because it was effecting my grip. Then the top half of the bodysuit because it was just too hot.

Now I'm down to my Overdog tights,elbow and knee pads. I get home and start trying to sew my mask up. It is not happening. The Overdog mask is made of some kinda foam. You know Spider-Man is a genius for being able to make webbing. But he must be a talented seamstress too. Always being able to repair his suit. I'm gonna have to buy a new mask. And there goes my last 100 dollars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

possibly my favorite day so far.