Friday, November 05, 2010

Savage Sports Stories Day 17

18.

"We are wrestling where?"

"Combat Collective Wrestling in Memphis Tennasee."

"Why are you wrestling there?"

"Well sir W*RE has a working arrangement with the CCW. Part of the deal was the DEATHcore champion would wrestle there three times."

I already made my first appearance there last month. Something I'll never forget. Mr.Johansen sent the Masked Confederate with me.

"Now look loosa, I will do all the talking. You are respresenteen W*RE and more impotently the Masked Confederate. So you keep yo mouth shut and I'll make sure you don get hurt."

"Yes sir."

"Good good you undastand."

Got to the Combat Club "Arena" in Memphis. Looks like a really bad neighborhood. Go in the backdoor of the building and I am more than a bit creeped out. The wrestlers are not like anything I have ever seen. Even working in W*RE and WAVE (as Greg Richards) guys were odd. But not so creepy.

I look over and I see the Combat Club Wrestling tag team champions "The Hell Machine" With their manager Azreal St.Hades. He is this really tiny skinny guy. I mean way smller than me. As for the Hell Machine One is a fat white guy named Bobo and the other is a cut black guy named Mojo. Bobo looks like his face is smeared in animal blood. Has this far away look in his eyes. Mojo looks angry and is glaring at me.

Confederate elbows me "Just keep movin loosa."

Where am I suppose to get dressed?

"It is quite simple my boy you need to get dressed behind those boxes."

"Wristlock Holmes??? I thought you worked in WAVE and how did you know what I was thinking?"

'Elementary my dear Overdog. You are not in wrestling gear yet wear a mask and had a look of distinct discomfort. So I assumed you needed to get into your wrestling gear."

"What about WAVE?"

"Oh well dear boy I am in a dispute with management over payment for services done. I feel I had a barn burner of a match with Pro Wrestler Moriarty at the last WAVE show. Yet I was not paid my due. So until then I work here."

"OVERDOG!!!! Hey don't let Holmes talk your ear off. Listen you are going to be the biggest star in the history of this sport. We are going to put your name in lights. Would you like a cold glass of Tang. Only the best for my wrestlers!!!"

"Thanks Mr.Wyles I love Tang."

That is the owner of the Combat Club, Clayton Wyles. He is called the mad professor of pro wrestling. He use to be a manager. His group was called the Wyld Bunch. He ended up merging all the Sourthern wrestling groups into the Combat Collective. Which made him a few enemies.

"I ougta punch you the fuckin face you two face piece of gabage!!!"

"Confederate why do you have to hate? I always wanted you to stay as the resident legend."

"You stole my damn Arkansas promotion. Got my son all drugged up so he would sign over my life."

"Well it belonged to him."

"Fuck no it didn't it was to a protect me from liabiliti. You know it you motherfucka!!!!!!"

Oh no Confederate is choking Mr.Wyles. Man this guy has a strong grip. What the heck the lights are flashing on and off. Oh no...... It's the TerroRantula. He is hanging from the ceiling. Before I can move he leaps down and kicks Confederate in the head knocking him out. I haven't even wrestled my first match here.


*******

"Why didn't ya help me ya god damn loosa!!!!!!"

"I tried sir. TerroRantula was just too fast."

"Look at ya. ya weigh nothin and ya still too slow to catch a beaner in a mask!!!!"

Okay honestly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the Masked Confederate getting kicked in the head. The guy is a racist and a general creep. He is wearing a sports coat with the Confederate flag airbrushed on it. I guess he has some legitamite cripes with Mr.Wyles. But he seemed like a nice guy to me. I need to find him and find out when my match starts.

I found him talking to three guys. One of them is the Ghetto Breaker,a huge guy dressed like Tupac Sakur. Combat Club is really the only place he wrestles because of how violent he is. I remember a few local promotions in my area tried to book him. I was at that show signing autographs. Ghetto Breaker was wrestling this kid called the Grey Goblin. Goblin hosted a cable access show.

I dunno what happened but Goblin made Ghetto Breaker mad. He set Goblin on fire. Kids and parents were crying. Between legal fees and fines I think the Boy Scouts lost money on the show.

The other guy Mr.Wyles is talking to is the Master Bastard and his teenage son Kid Bastard. He popped up in Combat Club and dominated the competition. Guy is the biggest wrestler here. 6ft4 and 300 pound of muscle. Wearing these camouflage cutoffs without a shirt. Calls himself the Master Bastard because he has kids all over the world.

Kid Bastard is the oldest well bastard he has. Somebody was telling me he conceived him on his twelth birthday. He is my size. Not as athletic but he does not look right in the head. He is chewing an electrical cable. Only guy I know who can take a beating like me.

Well can't stall any longer.

"Um excuse me Mr.Wyles?"

"OVERDOG!!!! So glad to see you. I am so sorry about the TerroRantula. I swear I never ripped off the Confederate. Say would you like some more Tang?"

"Uh sure I guess so."

"Guys beat it. I need to talk to Overdog. What do you need kid?"

"Sir who am I wrestling?"

"Oh don't worry about that. You go out in a few minutes and just talk to the fans. They can't wait to see you."

Well that should be easy enough.

No comments: