Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Savage Sports Stories Day 22

23.

Kid was quiet the entire drive here. Something is bothering him. I know that he had a bad run down here. Saw his match with the CCW champion on one of the tapes One Man Army got me. Got the feeling something else happened. Would not give a fuck normally but I need this kid in one piece for the time being.

This place is a shithole.. I wrestled at a pork rendering plant in NAM nicer than this, smelled better too.

"Sarge I gotta get in my gear."

"Right here? This dump... place does not have a locker room? "

"Unfortunately the Combat Collective Arena dos not provide a dressing room or showers. So we take turns getting dressed behind these boxes."

Who in the hell is this? Some fruit dressed like....

"Wristlock Holmes, I missed you my last night of the tour."

"Yes unfortunately during my bout in Birmingham I suffered quite the nasty cut in battle with the Ghetto Breaker. I had deduced he was going to use that broken bottle on me. But my calculations were off as he did not cut my forehead but rather my abdominal area. Despite Mr.Wyles assurances to the contrary, my physician told me to take time off."

"It was good talking to you Mr.Holmes. I gotta get dressed."

Trying to place where I have seen this poof before. I think he was after my time.

"Ah Sergent Sargent it a pleasure meeting you. By the time I started wrestling in the states you had disappeared from the mainstream. What is your relationship with young Overdog?"

"I see a lotta potential in the boy. So I became his coach. Gonna help him get to the next level."

"Hmm that seems out of your normal character."

"What are you talking about pal?"

"Tales of your debauchery were legend in the WAVE locker room. As were tales of your general selfishness and greed. Helping a struggling young wrestler like the Overdog does not meet your modus operandi."

"Get to your point. "

"Simply that it is more likely you saw Overdog and his devotion to you as a means to reentering a top wrestling promotion. You appear to have a more sinister goal that for the moment I am unable to ascertain."

I grab the poof by his throat and throw him into a wall.

"You listen to me you limey motherfucker. If you know what is good for you, you'll forget this conversation ever happened. Otherwise we'll see how observant you are minus an eye."

"Duly noted..."

"Where did Mr.Holmes go?"

"Said he had some business he needed to keep an eye on."


"OVERDOG!!! it is great to see you. I am so sorry about what happened. It was just a misunderstanding."

"Yeah sure.. Whatever you say Mr.Wyles."

"And Sergent Sargent!!! Wow we knew we were getting a top young star like Overdog. But to get the legendary Sergent Sargent is a great bonus!!!"

"Yeah I remember you Wyles. When I was champ you were a jock sniffer in the lockerroom. Desperate to find anybody you could manage Never had any use for managers in my day and have even less for wrestling promoters."

"Sarge say why don't you go introduce yourself to the CCW fans."

"So I can be ambushed by one of the losers that work for you? I'm not stupid Wyles."

"Of course you aren't Sergent. You are a legend and to be respected. I want you to enjoy your stay here."

"Oh I think I will. You just better hope we do not have any misunderstandings like you and Overdog had. I think you would regret it."

No comments: